Heat Mat Ice and Snow Melting Systems for Roofs
Scandinavian designed systems to protect people and property. Roof heating systems for commercial or domestic properties.
A complete range of heating cables, thermostats and fitting accessories, to provide fully automated protection against dangerous ice and snow build-up on roofs and in gutters. Roof heating systems are suitable for ensuring ice and snow build-up does not block drainage channels and gutters and prevents subsequent water ingress into buildings; systems can also be designed to ensure roof-based fire-escapes and walkways are kept free.
Complimentary gutter heating systems are installed to ensure that the melt water from the roof heating system can flow away freely ensuring that gutters and downpipes do not get blocked by ice and snow. Custom made ice and snow melting thermostats, monitor the air temperature and can control two separate zones independently, to ensure the system works effectively. The addition of moisture sensors in the gutters, or on the roof, will cut the running costs by up to 80% by ensuring that the system only heats when it is cold and there is moisture present.
- Heat Mat offers a wide variety of specialist fixing mechanisms to allow roof heating systems to be installed onto virtually any roof construction without having to puncture the fabric of the roof
- Ensure valleys and drainage channels are kept free of ice and snow to allow melt water to drain off the roof
- Trace heating and constant-wattage systems available
- Fully automated protection to prevent ice build-up in gutters and ensure walkways below are safe from falling icicles
- A number of different sensors and timers can be combined to ensure that the system only operates when it is required, minimising energy usage
- Entirely maintenance free. Once the system is installed there is no requirement for any maintenance work, and some systems include an automatic alarm warning if the system fails, for whatever reason
- A tried and tested system. These systems have been used in Scandinavia for more than a decade and have proved their worth in extreme temperatures and weather conditions
Thermal image of a Heat Mat roof heating system working on an industrial roof.
In addition to constant-wattage and trace heating cables, Heat Mat provides parallel-restive cables for roof and gutter heating and frost protection of pipes (where this type of cable is desired).
Parallel-resistive cables benefit from the same cut-to-length onsite feature of trace heating cables, whilst retaining the constant-wattage benefits of standard heating cables to ensure that the electrical load does not vary, therefore simplifying electrical installation.
These cables are suitable for a wide variety of applications. For more information please speak to Heat Mat for details of the outputs and cable types available.