Driveway, Ramp and Walkway heating or de-icing
Robust heating wire systems suitable to protect driveways, car parks, pathways, steps, loading ramps and bridges.
When used in conjunction with intelligent thermostats, Heat Mat driveway heating cables provide an energy efficient and fully automated heating system. Heat Mat’s Scandinavian designed Ice & Snow melting systems can be used beneath virtually any surface to ensure it remains free from dangerous ice and snow buildup.
Custom made ice and snow melting thermostats monitor both the ground temperature and the moisture level to ensure that they only operate when they are really needed. The thermostats are fully programmable and can be set up for the specific local conditions as required.
In addition to ensuring that driveways and walkways remain free of dangerous ice and snow buildup the heating systems also prevent the need to use salt to keep areas clear, minimising costs and also ensuring both the road surface and the surrounding environment are not damaged or contaminated by salt buildup.
Why install a Heat Mat driveway de-icing system?
- Improved safety for vehicles and pedestrians as surfaces are automatically safe to drive and walk on
- Automated clearance of ice and snow, ensuring that Health and Safety requirements can be met and that the first person on site does not have to make the area safe
- Surfaces (particularly concrete) are not damaged by grit and salt, and are also protected from the normal freeze/thaw activity in winter
- Specialist cables for use with hot asphalt are available - ideal for use under tarmac drives, concrete or block paving
- The surrounding ground and waterways are protected from salt pollution
- A number of different sensors and timers can be combined to ensure that the system only operates when it is required, minimising energy usage
- Entirely maintenance free. Once the system is installed there is no requirement for any maintenance work and some systems include an automatic alarm warning if the system fails, for whatever reason
- A tried and trusted system. These systems have been used in Scandinavia for more than a decade and have proved their worth in extreme temperatures and weather conditions