Heat Mat Ice and Snow Melting systems for Gutters
Scandinavian designed systems to protect people and property
A complete range of heating cables, thermostats and fitting accessories to provide fully automated protection against dangerous ice and snow build-up in gutters and roof drainage channels.
The gutter heating systems ensure that gutters and downpipes do not become blocked by ice and snow and allow melt water from the roof to drain freely. This prevents dangerous icicles or snow build-up forming, that could fall from the roof injuring anyone below, and could also collapse the building's gutters.
Custom made ice and snow melting thermostats monitor the air temperature and can control two separate zones independently to ensure the system works effectively. The addition of moisture sensors in the gutters will cut the running costs by up to 80% by ensuring that the system only heats when it is cold and there is moisture present. Heat Mat supplies a comprehensive range of fitting accessories to allow the simple installation of the heating cables into the gutters and downpipes, and can provide advice and guidance on the most suitable system for your property.
Although a fully automated gutter heating system is preferable in nearly all circumstances, Heat Mat can provide a variety of low cost options where required, and these are particularly suitable for smaller residential applications. One great value option is to install a Heat Mat PipeGuard heater into the gutter so that it creates two parallel runs of heating cable, separated by our gutter installation clips. This will ensure that the gutter is heated for the lowest possible system price and the thermostat on the Heat Mat PipeGuard unit will also ensure the system switches off again once temperatures start to rise.
- Improved safety for vehicles and pedestrians below the gutters as the risk of icicle build-up is removed
- Reduced maintenance costs from repairing the roof's fabric and replacing collapsed gutters
- Automated clearance of ice and snow from gutters, ensuring that Health and Safety requirements can be met and that the first person on site does not have to make the area safe
- A number of different sensors and timers can be combined, to ensure that the system only operates when it is required, minimising energy usage
- Entirely maintenance free. Once the system is installed, there is no requirement for any maintenance work, and some systems include an automatic alarm, warning if the system fails for whatever reason
- A tried and trusted system. These systems have been used in Scandinavia for more than a decade and have proved their worth in extreme temperatures and weather conditions